1. What is a contract Area Representative?
A contract Area Representative provides distribution management services to Salmat on an independent contracting basis, coordinating and monitoring the delivery of catalogues, leaflets, samples, newspapers or similar items into household letterboxes within a specific area and within designated time frames.
2. What does a contract Area Representative opportunity involve?
- work from your home and in your local area coordinating and monitoring the delivery of catalogues and other print material into household letterboxes.
- interview and engage new Distributors at your discretion within an allocated area (generally one or more postcodes) – Salmat assists with advertising.
- liaise regularly with Salmat and Distributors who fall within your allocation.
- utilise your vehicle, home computer equipment (internet access necessary), home phone and mobile phone for administrative purposes.
- monitor the progress of distributions within your allocated area and utilise your vehicle to check at random the weekend (Saturday/Sunday) distribution and separately the midweek distribution (Tuesday/Wednesday) to verify that deliveries have been completed satisfactorily by Distributors.
- forward documentation to Salmat to enable payments to be made direct to bank accounts.
- investigate reports from clients of delivery non-compliances and provide a brief report to Salmat.
- provide feedback in relation to new estates and housing in your allocated area.
3. What personal attributes are required?
Applicants will need to be well organised, enthusiastic, have a positive attitude and enjoy a challenge.
4. Do I need a Visa/Working Rights?
In accordance with Australian Government legislation, all applicants must have the right to work in Australia. If you are not an Australian or New Zealand citizen, you are required to produce documentation to verify and support your identity and working rights.
5. Are there any opportunities in my area?
You may apply now to register your details for current or future contract Area Representative opportunities in your local area.
6. Hours and suitability
As independent contractors, Area Representatives determine the hours they work over seven (7) days in accordance with their workload, with the work providing great flexibility in hours. This opportunity is ideal for those who wish to run their own small business and work from home or close to home, and can be particularly suitable for anyone seeking work for a few hours most days to fit in with home life, school hours, or other pursuits. You will need to undertake tasks during daylight hours. As service requirements are determined by our clients, Salmat is not able to provide a guarantee in relation to fees that you will be paid for services provided to us.
7. How will I be paid?
Contract Area Representatives are required to provide management services as an independent contractor on a contract by contract basis. A separate contract will be issued for each distribution you agree to provide management services for. Area Representatives are paid on a results basis on the basis of catalogues or other print material distributed in their allocated area for the relevant distribution. Payment is made direct to your nominated bank or building society account. As an independent contractor you are under no obligation to accept any contract offered to you. Salmat will be able to provide an estimate of approximate earnings when an area is available.
8. Will I be an employee of Salmat?
No. If your application is successful, you will be appointed to provide services to Salmat as an independent contractor and not our agent or employee. If necessary you should obtain advice as to what this means for you.
9. Do I need an Australian Business Number (ABN)?
It is recommended that all Area Representatives apply for and/or maintain an Australian Business Number (ABN). Under Australian Taxation Office (ATO) rules, Area Representative contracts where no ABN is recognised may incur withholding tax equal to the amount set under the ATO Statutory Guidelines.
10. How do I apply?
Simply complete the application form by clicking the REGISTER NOW button below to complete the application form. Your details will be forwarded to the applicable Regional Area Manager for review when an opportunity for an independent contract Area Representative becomes available in your area.
To learn more about other independent contractor opportunities, go to: